Thread: Mild Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Mild Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
No it’s not. It’s USB.

Also, how are you benchmarking your 2010 MP against the CMP? I find it VERY hard to believe that your CPU power is on par with the CMP.

Last time I looked, 6 core Intel Minis were outperforming the old Mac Pros.
Please let me rephrase that cause of course a decade difference. With the available upgrades for the 2010, remember before it couldn't even access I believe more that 16gigs of ram on the OS, Opencore it can use a over 900 gigs tested, 4K accelleration, xeon 3.46 server CPU's they are beastly. On barefeet some benches the 2010 yield better results, but of course you are right. Although the upgrades just smoke like fire on an old workhorse (LOL).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please let me rephrase that cause of course a decade difference. With the available upgrades for the 2010, remember before it couldn't even access I believe more that 16gigs of ram, Opencore it can use a over 900 gigs tested, 4K , xeon 3.46 server CPU's they are beastly. On barefeet some benches the 2010 yield better results, but of course you are right. Although the upgrades just smoke like fire on an old workhorse (LOL).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
Used Orpheus by Prism Sound.
Firewire, great sounding.
I called a sales rep and that is great news on the scarlette. I saw the type C connector and thought that won't work, but I guess the other end will be USB 2.0

Orpheus I'll look into. I haven't heard of them much, but what I have heard are great.

Thank you all immensely, and anymore suggestions are greatly appreciated.