View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 09:19 PM

Default Re: AUDIO FILES LOCATION WHEN USING A SESSION TEMPLATE

I can't actually answer your question very easily, but I'm going to be the first of several to tell you that the way you have your hard drive setup is killing your system performance. You can't partition a single drive into an OS partion and an audio partition, it will seriously slow down your system when running PT. Doing this threefold (3 audio partitions) is really insane, especially if you're thinking of using 'round robin' allocation. You need a separate hard drive for your audio files, whether it be firewire or internal - you'll get much much better performance, otherwise you're asking for all kinds of hard-drive related errors from PT.

Now, just because I don't want this to be a totally preachy thread, as far as your problem goes, I would imagine this happens because your template is living on your system partition, and therefore anything you create using that template will use the same location as the template for storing audio. Try creating and storing your template on your new audio drive instead, and then all your audio will automatically record to that drive instead.

Cheers!