View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Intro (free)

Just want to say that one of my big PT dreams has come true with PT Intro. I travel a lot and use PT Studio with my MacBook Pro 16", typically using iLok cloud for activation. But in a few instances while on a plane, I've found myself without the ability to activate PT because I didn't have WiFi access (and I'd forgotten to transfer the license to my USB iLok before the flights).

I just went through the process of downloading PT Intro (which as people have mentioned is just the full PT installer). It prompted me for my existing iLok ID, which I provided. I then opened the iLok license manager and activated PT Intro on my MBP. (I never used the installer since I'd already installed 2022.9.)

So NOW, when I open PT while on WiFi, PT Studio opens... BUT when WiFi is disconnected, it opens PT Intro, with a notification saying it's in "offline mode". Same app, same plugins show up, presumably just with the limited functionality.

Obviously doesn't eliminate the need for an iLok cloud or hardware double (which would be the ultimate dream), but nice that there now isn't a scenario where I'd lose ALL access in the event I find myself without either.