View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 LE Teacher Product

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio Ferreira View Post
Hi,

Ill just go straight to the point :)
I have a doubt on how to buy a version of Pro Tools 11 LE as a School identity and not as a Teacher or a Stutend since the software needs to be brought by the schools name and not a specific person.
Can someone help me with this question?? I've send an email to the Avid support but no answer for them untill now.

Thanks for your time reading this post!
Perhaps someone else will be able to answer the question about the academic version purchase.

I just wanted to clarify that there is no such thing as Protools 11 LE. The "LE" designation ended with Protools 8. Since Protools 9, there are basically three flavors of Protools: (although I think there was still a Protools 9 MP at some point)

1. Protools Express (a limited feature version often bundled with an interface)
2. Protools (the full product for use with most Avid and 3rd party interfaces)
3. Protools HD (the same software as Protools above but with certain "Professional" features activated to make use of Avid's "HD" series of "Native or processor enhanced" hardware. This is only available with the HD hardware purchase)

Most likely you are referring to the second one if you are looking for the academic version. Please be specific which version you are referring to. No one can help you with "Protools 11 LE" since it doesn't exist.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1