View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 11:30 AM

Default Re: A Question For M1 Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbrunn View Post

One more thing, my understanding is that only one external monitor is supported. But I know some folks use two. For 20 years + I've used two monitors, so that's an important thing for me. What's the workaround for those who use 2 with the new macs?
Check the specification for each Mac.

The original M1 Macs (Air and MacBookPro 13") only allowed for a single external monitor. The M1 Mac Mini allowed 2 (I think) and the MBP 14" and 16" with M1 Pro and M1 Max allowed 3 monitors. Worth checking each model.

Dominic

From Apple's website:

"If you're using a Mac with M1 Max:
On MacBook Pro, you can connect up to four external displays to your Mac using the Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) and HDMI ports.
On Mac Studio, you can connect up to five external displays to your Mac using the Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) and HDMI ports on the back of the computer.

If you're using a Mac with M1 Pro:
You can connect up to two external displays to your Mac using the Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) and HDMI ports.

If you're using a Mac with the M1 chip:
On iMac, Mac mini, MacBook Air, and 13-inch MacBook Pro, you can connect one external display using either of the Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports. On iMac, connect your display to either of the ports with the Thunderbolt symbol .
On Mac mini, you can connect a second display to the HDMI port.
Using docks or daisy-chaining devices doesn't increase the number of displays you can connect."