View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Segmentation Fault Alert after closing Pro Tools

Hi,

same problem here. might have a solution.

I dont think it matter which MAC hardware u use or if you do a fresh install, because i had the same problem on my:
-late 2012 Mac mini (Pro Tools 11.3.2. - Yosemite through High Sierra) and i still have it on my
-2017 imac 5k (brand new install PT 11.3.2. - Mojave)

When i close Pro Tools, the ''segmentation fault 0x0'' pops up and hangs there.
I can still work with other apps, but i have to restart Pro tools in order to get it working.
The fastest and painless way i found is with ''force quit'' through Activity Monitor. You see the Avid video engine coloured red (not responding).
once you force quit it, the popup disappear and you can restart PT without restarting the OSx.

Hope that helps?

On a side note...

The 11.3.2 is not even officially supported on Mojave but i use it just the same as i did on older version of os. Not the Avid thing, but i wouldn't mind being on sierra with the new iMac if only possible.

''Being up to date'' as one user here suggested, with PT in this times is not as easy as it once were. By easy i mean:
-problem solving and
-free

To be on the ''upgrade wagon'' costs a lot of money for not really have any benefit at this time.
To be more clear - i have the same problem with 11.3.2 as some users on newer version which means that somewhere along the line they paid for the upgrade and not get the issues sorted. In terms of additional benefits i dont see it and i use PT every day.

so why would i care to upgrade? Perhaps i am missing something?