View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 01:14 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio with Dante PciE card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombot View Post
I have an HD Native system running PT Ultimate with the MTRX Studio via Dante. So no HDX cards. I just want to see how many Dante channels I can run max with this setup.
This is confusing, you really need to clearly describe what you are trying to do when asking questions like this.

If you are using the MTRX Studio via Dante you do not have a "HD Native" systems, any installed HD native card is doing nothing, and Dante will be your playback engine. And in that case Pro Tools Ultimate (and standard) is limited to 32 IO. And if so why are you posting this question to the HD Native/HDX Forum area?

If you are going to the MTRX Studio vi Digilink to then access Dante on a HD Native system you are limited to a total of 64 IO (single HDN card, two digilink port limitation), getting more than that requires HDX and say adding a MTRX.

Is there is more to this question, like will you want DADman routing to work with the final setup?

I'm not sure what the HD X in your profile is supposed to mean, you might want to update that.

I suspect you will be best served by calling a sales rep at Sweetwater or Vintage King and describing to them what you exactly have today and are trying to do.