View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Automation Working in Edit Window but not Mix Window

Thanks to both of you for replying to my question. I was able to figure it out earlier this morning and just finally got back to my upstairs PC to log on to either delete my question or report on the solution...

The one and only session that I was testing automation on had a Timeline Selection End Marker placed VERY close to the very beginning of the song (before the 0:00.2 time mark or after the 1 ! 1 ! 240 beats mark). I didn't even notice it until I expanded the edit window large/wide enough to see it.

Since I was starting my automation testing from the very beginning of the song - This condition was forcing the track's "Write" automation selection to only display for a fraction of a second and then it turned to "Auto Latch" - and even if I changed it back to "Write" as my tracks kept playing - the vol and pan faders had no writing effect on the track.

Once I moved that Timeline Selection End Marker to the absolute beginning - the automation in the mixer window started working like it's supposed to !!! I also tried another experiment by putting the Timeline Selection End Marker at the very end of my song and the automation in the mixer also worked perfect. I also tried setting the Timeline Selection End Marker where it initially was and started play AFTER that end marker and the automation in the mixer also worked perfect.

It just didn't like the change from an area that was timeline marked to an area that wasn't marked (and vise versa). Learn something new every day I guess.

Everything is now working perfect - just like it did in all the automation tutorial videos that I watched before my test !!!!

FYI - ALL of the automation options were selected in the automation window. I verified that yesterday - GOOD suggestion though - thanks again!!

Last edited by jakesnowdog; 03-05-2023 at 08:49 AM.