View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 + Mackie Control Universal " Jog wheel " .... very quick question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGriffith View Post
I am using a first generation Mackie Control (with the updated Universal firmware), and my jog wheel works fine. I press the scrub button once, and it scrubs back and forth fine. A second press of the scrub button puts it in "auto" mode (I'm not sure what they call it), where you scrub, and it keeps moving in that direction automatically. The third press of the button disengages the jog wheel.
Well whaddaya know - it does work !! Not only that but the scrub button disables the mouse cursor when the jog wheel is active - thanks Mark

Hey Ben - I only got the quick start guide with mine (and that's a pretty useless document) - I couldn't find a decent user manual so it's been a bit of trial and error to work out the function buttons. I couldn't get the MCU to work in PT with any protocol other than HUI. In Reaper it uses Mackie protocol which means I have to restart the MCU and change protocol (10 second job).