View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 10:17 PM

Default Help: PT not remembering last save location

I've been experiencing a new issue and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I open a session in Pro Tools either via the File menu or by double-clicking on the session file.

Once the session is open, I choose "Save as" to save under a new filename, but I have to manually navigate back to the folder where the original session is. If I choose "Save as" again, I always have to navigate back to folder. It never puts me there by default. This is with a Firewire drive I've had for a long time and have never had this problem with.

The other odd thing is the "Save as" dialog doesn't list the folder contents the way it used to. If I have it in list view and double-click on a folder, it shows the contents indented below that folder instead of opening that folder and showing nothing else.

I can't be sure when this started happening, but it definitely didn't happen with 7.3 or the first version of 7.4. I know for sure that it was happening with 7.4 cs3 and possibly a version or two before that.

I've tried trashing all PT related prefs repairing permissions, etc. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly apprecaite it.

I'm presently running:
7.4cs4 HD3 (not Accel)
192 I/O
Control|24
OS 10.4.9
Mac G5 PPC Dual 2.5 GHz
Mac Pro 2019 16-core, 96GB RAM, OS 10.15.2