View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Carbon - How to renew? Perpetual or subscription?

So having gone through this process a couple of months ago. I came to the conclusion that the "Perpetual Parachute" is not an automatic process. After reading through all the documentation it doesn't actually mention it being an automated process anywhere. Knowing that, the most frustrating thing was that you had to let your subscription expire (including the grace period) in order to start a support ticket with Avid. I personally ended up with a day or 2 with no license. After which they send me a temporary license followed up by the perpetual license a couple of days later. If you read through this thread you will see others having the same problem. In the end Avid corrected it for everyone but not until there was interruption with in the subscription.
Now since I had the Ultimate Perpetual license, I ended up not renewing the Carbon subscription. I would like to at some point re-up the subscription again but can't really find any documentation on this. Do I get a regular Subscription and hope that it will revert back to a perpetual license after a year!? Or is there a specific Carbon Subscription?