View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12.3.1, Win10 Pro and Digi 003

This may be a tough one to solve. First off, are you able to get audio into Pro Tools and hear playback with the 003?
#1-Are you positive the 003 works? Hot-patching the firewire can easily fry the FW chip in the 003 and the repair cost is more than the unit is worth now.
#2-The firewire driver; there are usually 3 drivers available in Windows. Legacy is 1(and Avid recommends this driver, but it never worked for me). TI Compliant is another(and this is the driver that worked for me when I had my 003). I don't remember the name of the 3rd driver, but when I tried it, it turned my 003 into a midi note generator(seriously, if I had EZdrummer in the session, the PLAY button would trigger the hihat sound)
#3-you may be pushing the boundaries of compatibility between Win10, that version of PT and the old(and unsupported) 003.

If you ARE getting audio in and out with the 003(it is the selected Audio Engine in Setup>Hardware), then the 003 is probably okay, but HUI is not going to help(if you added a HUI device in the Peripherals menu, remove it).

Do try the firmware update again but next time, once it starts, go eat lunch or watch a movie. It can take from 20-30 minutes to hours(I don't remember, but it may also be dependent on internet speed).

By all means, do try the other firewire drivers(knowing what FW controller you have might help. That info would appear in a sisoft Sandra report). You may also end up needing to get another interface, in which case I would NOT recommend 002, 003, mBox(any version) or any M-Audio product. Stick with newer products(Focusrite, Presonus, RME, etc)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave