View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Sibelius as rewire plugin in ProTools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire57 View Post
Well, I'd like to use Sibelius as note editor. So ProTools really is the host, and what is in Sibelius is triggering the channels in PT.
There is a not editor option in PT, but I cannot go and copy the staves from Sibelius and paste them into those in the PT note editor.
I'd do the entire thing exclusively in PT, but the PT note editor doesn't give me "hairpins" for crescendi/decrescendi, and: When I use all 16 channels of the aria player, only a few of them would give me any sound. The rest remains silent.
The project, however, is some classical thing, I really need those expressive marks such as hairpins and articulations.
Is there a way to have the Sibelius-Mixer-outs go to the aria player plugin in PT? Or is that sort of channeling limited to remain totally within Sibelius?
Any idea of how to solve this, please?
And still no reply from the Sibelius side. Sad.

I do not know. Personally, a long time ago, I made my sound models completely with Sibelius. Then I gave up this way when I did not need partition for the others. In my projects, I control all the result, so I work in Pro Tools (or Cubase) in MIDI. The hairpins and joints, inside Sibelius, are only MIDI indications (data of controllers), very easy to do in Pro Tools (or Cubase), but in the Midi editor, not in the editor of partition. I think it's better to work in Sibelius only for sketchs that will be played by real musicians, but it's better to work in Pro Tools only (at least half way) if the result of the score stays until virtual tip.
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com