View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 07:24 AM

Default Re: New rig issues- 2x MTRX Studios and an HDX TB3

Hi Jeff! I'm replying to this message as I'm just configuring a MTRX/HDX system. Dante is quite new for me. You said a gigabit router will be better than a gigabit switch. I'd like to buy a router/switch that I will only use to connect DANTE devices to, what will be the best choice in this case.

Also, a little off topic from this thread but DANTE concerned (to anyone who reads this and perhaps has experience with it) : I went for the MTRX to have AES connections for my speakers and digital outboard which are AES. But I'd like to add ADAT connectivity to my setup for integrating my UAD Apollo into the setup. Will devices like the Ferrofish Verto, which go as low as 150us latency in Dante Controller as I understood, provide a good option to add adat channels to such a setup over DANTE in this way, without adding any noticeable latency?

Thanks already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
To manage the 2 boxes in DADman you already need to have them on the same network which is also connected to your workstation. This can be done with a simple Gigabit switch - or better a Gigabit router. Either way, you are making a wired Gigabit connection between the 2 MTRX Studio devices. If you want to be able to listen to the output of iTunes, QuickTime, Chrome, etc -> it would make sense to also grab a copy of Dante Virtual Soundcard (virtual core audio driver - license) from Audinate which will give you flexibility in monitoring any audio application on your mac through your MTRX Studio monitor section.

Jeff