View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 10:32 PM

Default MacBook Pro & PT 12.5 - Upgrade & Compatibility

Hi guys, I’ve been using PT 12.5 on an older (late 2011) MacBook Pro to record with. After many years of great use, the logic board on the Mac went bust, so I’m needing to upgrade laptop...

My question is regarding compatibility. My system was setup and working within PT 12.5 on an older Mac OS (El Capitan 10.11.6). I was also using certain virtual instruments and plugins, namely Arturia V Collection, Kontakt, Sampletank, and the Waves bundle...

So I’m wondering, in searching for a different Mac laptop, which specs do I need to ensure that I can still run my PT 12.5 perpetual license, as well as my virtual instruments & plugins? Do I need the newer laptop to remain on the same OS El Capitan 10.11.6 as before, or will certain things stop working if I upgrade past that version of Mac OS? I’m wanting to buy a MacBook Pro that’s a little newer than the late 2011, but not so new that my old PT files & VST’s/plugins won’t work.

Trying to make a smooth transition as possible here. Which specs on a MacBook Pro would you recommend in terms of year & OS? Any tips much appreciated!

Last edited by johnbarnesiii; 11-25-2020 at 03:01 AM.