View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 10:11 AM

Default Fast Track c400 drivers are crashing my computer

When I start up my computer, Fast Track c400 is plugged in and I boot up fine. I don't seem to have any audio though. So I fire up Cubase and my computer stops and goes to this blue screen that tells me there is a driver error and to uninstall any new drivers. I've gone through the uninstalling and reinstalling. This problem is the c400 drivers. My system is windows 7 64. I did download the drivers for win7 64, but looking at the drivers in my system for c400, they're installed in my 'system32' folder. There are four drivers installed:

drmk.sys
ksthunk.sys
MAudioFast TrackC400.sys
portcls.sys

Should I put them in the system64 folder?

Under M-Audio properties/Details: property says Device description. Should I set that?

Windows has determined the drivers are up to date.

The Location, under properties is: 0000.001d.0000.001.001.000.000.000.000

Is this normal?

Oh this is interesting. I found in my system32 folder MaudioFastTrackC400_DFU.sys That is not listed as a driver. Should I delete it?

Currently I have my system set to have this M Audio as my default playback and recording device. But it doesn't change my problem either way.

PLEASE HELP!

Maybe it has something to do with Windows configuring C++ 2005 every time I install the drivers?

I'm trying a bunch of things to fix this problem. The error message I get is 'System Service Exception' blue screen.

Another thing I've discovered: If I boot up and then reboot, it all works fine. So I'm guessing that the first boot up, is not connecting the c400. Is there a way to get that into the 'start up' programs list? Do you think that would help?