View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Static sound after stoping playback/Frequent crash

Running 6.9.3, HD2, Dual G5 2.3, 2G RAM, SCSI Drives w ATTO PCI...

Yesterday, no problems... today

Just installed WAVES Diamond Bundle today... (?)

Also, lightening/thunder earlier blew a transformer in front of the house outside. Was running pt at the time, and it froze (firewire drive i was using at the time wasn't on battery backup - but the drive still seems to work fine).

Now... problems:

Pro Tools has been having a very difficult day here. Crashing all day long. Started out like this: press play, instead of regular vocals, the vocals are delaying and sound staticy, press stop, delays and static continue for 5 seconds or so then stop. This is intermittent. It could be that if I press play again, the static is gone. But usually, it's there. Then, out of nowhere (literally not touching anything or moving anything), pro tools freezes.

So I tried a sorts of things, from deleting prefs and database folders, to changing my playback engine (currently at 512/99%/96 Voices 6 DSP/ Long Delay Comp/Level 2 DAE Playback), changing auto save. Something helped because I was able to finish mixing and bouncing the song i was working on (after restarting 10-15 times).

Then moving on to the next song, same problems but worse. Same delay and static sound, but now pt also freezes/crashes after about a minute when I open any session (tried 3 different sessions so far). So, went to 6.9.3, did all the typical troubleshooting advice, but nothing is working.

Any ideas? Please ask for clairification if needed, trying to rush so i can get some work done today!

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!

Brian