View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 07:11 AM

Default Re: Love Carbon but registering sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimix View Post
After selecting the new license option, I ended up with three 'areas' under the Pro Tools Carbon drop-down in 'My Products';

- The permanent Pro Tools Carbon hardware registration with links for Pro Tools Plug-ins, UVI Plug-ins and the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle.

- The Pro Tools Carbon subscription registration area with links for Pro Tools 2020.12, Pro Tools Drivers, Pro Tools Plug-ins, Pro Tools Demo Session, and then the same three links sections from the hardware area.

- The third party redemption section with codes and links for the bundled software from Arturia, Embody, McDSP, NI, Plugin Alliance, and UVI.

The only software that ends with the subscription after one year is HEAT, Falcon and the Complete Plug-in Bundle. It appears the third party redemption codes are all for permanent licenses, including UVI Model D, though you'd need to use that with UVI workstation after Falcon expires.

I rolled the dice on Carbon as I use an unapproved mid-2014 MacBook Pro 15" quad-core 2.5, but it showed up immediately after enabling AVB in AMS. Carbon shows up both as a system interface and a 'Reserved for Pro Tools' interface, so I'm able to share it between Pro Tools and another DAW simultaneously, which I didn't realize was possible.
Hey thanks so I went back and read the FAQ on Carbon and Yes I was incorrect about loosing the 3rd party plugins on conversion of the bundled subscription license to perpetual
I have gone back and forth on this because I have a current Ultimate license for which I get a good discount for annual renewal from my Pro Audio and Avid reseller dealer, and with that plan I get the Complete Plugin Bundle included. So I am leaning towards just extending that. I guess am not sure that additional 3 party plugins are really worth the price I would have to pay to keep my Ultimate license current again for a year at the end of this month. That and the fact that choosing the option to add the bundled license and both licenses makes little sense unless you have two complete PT systems (which I don't) given you can only run one license on any one system.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 01-03-2021 at 10:25 AM.