View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 11:36 AM

Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA, Planet Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy
Default Bought 1 year subscription - does not renew my subscription

Hi,

I just paid for a 1 year subscription direct from your website, for my expired Pro Tools license. It is one of the available options for me on your website.

IT DID NOT UPDATE MY LICENSE.

I also accidentally had bought a RENEWAL for one year from Sweetwater, and CANNOT USE THE CODE EITHER.

SO I just sank $400 bucks to try to renew my expired license, and am extremely pissed off right now.

I do hope you, Avid, cleans this up. Legally, isn't the word RENEWAL for expired licenses? And CONTINUATION for existing active licenses?

I am not happy right now. You need to make it more clear for us users that prefer to renew every two years, as we do not use your Pro Tools as often.

WARNING: If you blame me, I will demand a full refund from both $199.00 expenditures. Your marketing and descriptions of your options too renew are MISLEADING. And don't give me the ******** of "
software sales are final" as I am buying a SUBSCRIPTION, not the software itself.

I hope you can clear this up.

PS DARRYL: I have an open case now, and I hope they help clear this up. If they cannot, then I am pretty much done with Avid. Their crazy subscription / perpetual / constantly chargin customers for the "privilage" of using their stuff is really nutso.

Last edited by noeqplease; 12-19-2021 at 12:06 PM. Reason: spelling.