View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 11 problems opening PT 10 sessions. Sample rate error 44.1 and 48 KHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjthorpe View Post
Dear All,

Some of my session in PT10 open fine, whereas some say "playback engine is not compatible with sample rate 44.1KHz".

Following advise on the forums I opened the audio interface GUI and changed the sample rate accordingly. Then when I open the same track I then get an error " "playback engine is not compatible with sample rate 48KHz". So, it has a problem with 44.1 and 48KHz.

Is anyone else having this issue? Anyone got any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks,

Pete

I have been having this issue in PT 11 since I started using PT11. Like you PT 10 works fine for all sample rates but if I go to a 48KHz session in PT 11 I get the "playback engine is not compatible with sample rate 48KHz" error as you have. This is happening to me using a Digi 003R (see signature below).

The only fix I know is to select another playback card (Realtek in my PC), which alleviates the problem. I would however prefer to use the 003R audio.

You would think what works in PT 10 would work in PT 11 regarding audio outputs

jbkleyla, how are you disabling your Eleven Rack audio interface as opposed to another card selection and what are you using in it's place?

Lou
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.