View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Protools 8 mpowered registration ? Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
Registration is not really necessary since you already have the iLok license. No real benefit to register the product in your case, since it is a second hand purchase. Date of sale is determined by the original sales receipt, which the seller may or may not still have. Like I said, you don't need to register, your iLok license is your product in your case.

If you wish to upgrade your license for Pro Tools M-Powered in the future, like the upgrade/crossgrade from M-Powered to Pro Tools 11, you would need to have that iLok registered to your own iLok user account.

If you think that is something you might want to do, here's what you should do next...
  1. Go to www.iLok.com and download the iLok License Manager for your windows system.
  2. On the homepage of iLok.com, click on the "How To Videos" link and watch the "How to create a Free iLok Account" tutorial.
As long as the iLok has never been registered to another iLok account, you should be able to register your iLok to your iLok account.

Support for Pro Tools M-Powered would be handled by Avid support, not M-Audio. But for an older resold item, you would need to purchase an Avid Support Code to get tech support by phone or email. Of course a lot of support questions can be answered here on the forums.
Hi

I just found this thread while looking into my old M-Audio iok key as well, I have not used Pro Tools for so long that my ilok id was in a gmail account I closed, we are talking older gmail account now, like when no one knew google was going to be part of a big tech industry plan., I can see the ilok USB key in my ilok app but it says it belongs to someone else., transferable yes.

Anyway I verified the correct gmail I had used while trying to recover the password on the ilok website, I know it was it because I tried a few other emails and it stated they where not recognised, so I opened a support ticket about it, so lets see what ilok does.

Last edited by skystudios; 03-07-2021 at 08:00 AM.