View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 02:11 AM

Default trouble Creating a crisp clean,universal mix

I am having trouble creating a mix that sounds anywhere near professional. First when the volume is low, things sound good but you can barely hear the mix, on one set of headphones it will sound great, on another pair completely blown out and too loud. Im trying to find a way to create a universal mix. One that sounds good no matter how you listen to it. Crisp snares, kicks and hats and sample loops and so forth. But everything either is coming out muffled or is sounding blown out. it doesn't have that studio like quality. i understand I'm not in a studio but I'm not getting the clear high definition sound I'm looking for and that i know is possible. Everything sounds like its been compressed for the internet, using no compression. I've tried eq's and almost every plug in I'm still not getting the clear sound I'm aiming for. instead of professional equipment it sounds like I'm using a cell phone or something. any help is appreciated. i don't know if I'm starting from the beginning wrong or what. also i notice when exporting to places like sound cloud my mixes sound terrible when i notice other songs on the site sound perfect.