View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Questions about switch from LE to HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by formfunction View Post
He is in the HD forum looking for info, presumably to get the info from Hd users. He probably did not expect an intercept from another LE user asking him to explain his reasons.
To the OP. Computer card (pcie) , interface, and a computer are what u need to get into 8.1 HD. The c24 has 16 mediocre preamps and is essentially the GUI in hardware form. Peruse the avid products and search the DUC for more info. There is plenty there.

Can I not have a single post without your "You don't have HD so you don't get to post here!" mentality?

My question is completely legit. Obviously you need cards, an I/O and a computer... but why spend the money if all you need is 20 tracks and all you have is a 57?

Plus, there's a significant different between the needs of an HD2 user, and an HD6 user. I'm not saying, "You don't need HD! Just stick with LE!" I'm asking what he intends to use HD for, so we can all make more helpful and imformed comments, rather than "you need cards, an I/O and a computer, and BLAM you're good to go!"

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515