View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 07:18 AM

Default Re: Source-Nexus vs Source-Connect Standard ???

Still not working...

The messy details: I can connect to echo48mono and hear my return with delay as expected. At this point Source Connect tech support says I'm all good. However ... Mac users often use the Mac-only "Source-Stream" method for connection. This "feature" breaks cross-platform compatibility! According to SC tech support, cross-platform compatibility is available if the Mac user opens their router ports with port forwarding, rather than using Source-Stream. SC tech support actually told me (!) that each & every Mac user I cannot connect with needs to contact SC tech support (!) and "fix" their router ports - which is a non-trivial router-specific process. The first two Mac users I tried to connect with do NOT have their ports forwarded & have no desire to alter their current stable (albeit Mac-to-Mac only) workflow setup - nor do I feel they should have to. In my opinion, Source Connect has a serious cross-platform compatibility issue on their hands.

Question: Are ANY Windows Source-Connect users here able to connect to Mac users? Please explain. (Perhaps I'll ask over on the Post sub-forum.) Thanks!
Click for audio/video demo
Click for resume