View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 10:23 AM

Default Re: New 2011 MacBook Pro i7 has fan running loud and fast with PT9

To SixChurchStreet, I would say it was medium heavy load session. A 30 minute short with a movie as photo jpg and about 40 tracks with a couple altiverbs and a few wns plugz. Nothing super intense. I ran tge same sess on a macmini with no fan noise and a lower cpu temp. If you read around online, people are already complaining about these jet engine fans. Apple released an "about your fans in you 2011 mbp" basically it just says "faster cpu requires more cooling so the fans are more sensitive" but this sensitive is out of control! Also, we have the same setup for this rig. 610 and 2 external drives daisy chained to mbp 15" 2.0 ghz quad.

To the other guy, since the purpose of this rig is potability but still plenty of power, I have to respectfully disagree with your overall view. Maybe thats why I use an hd3 rig with a 192 io and a c24 to mix. But if i can edit on a macmini core2duo with 4 gb of ram and barely get errors, then an i7 quadcore with 8gb of ram should eclipse that in speed and in lower temps b/c of sandy bridge. But it seems not. Either i have a lemon(which i doubt b/c this is a problem for many online) or this is just too loud. Either way a return may be in store.

E