View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 08:31 AM

Default Clip Effects Display issue (2022.12, Windows 11)

Since updating to 2022.12 on Windows 11 I've noticed that I'm unable to see realtime changes in the clip effects area. For example, if I want to turn on the low pass filter for a clip, the change isn't displayed when I enable the lowpass filter, but I can hear the change. Closing and reopening the clip effects area then shows the lowpass is active.

The opposite also happens. After closing and opening the clip effects area to see changes I've made to one clip, the setting shown for the selected clip when initially opening will remain static, even when new clips are selected. I have to close and reopen clip effects in order to see the settings for the any selected clip.

Hopefully this makes sense!

It's very similar to the track comments bug that has existed FOREVER in windows. On the edit window you can't see what you're typing in the comments area until you press return.

I really wish Avid would pay more attention to us windows users. I'm using windows for the stability and CPU power availabe, but there are several little bugs like this that get overlooked for extended periods of time. This OS doesn't drastically change every year, so shouldn't it be easier to make sure things like this get fixed?

Is this happening for anyone else? If so, have you found a fix? I'm going to contact support about this now to make sure they're aware.