View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 02:34 PM

Default Trouble Installing Pro Tools 12

Hello,

I've been having some trouble with this since I purchased the subscription for Pro Tools 12 yesterday. Since then, I've been trying to fix it on my own via Google to no avail, so I apologize if this has been previously mentioned. I downloaded Pro Tools and installed the iLok software; everything is good to go on that front. I read through the documentation and I'm apparently doing everything correctly, however I cannot seem to install the actual program itself.

I do not want it installed on my primary (C:) as that is my system/boot drive and there isn't adequate space. At first, I wasn't given an option to install it elsewhere and after retrying, I was able to get it to recognize my other HDDs, but there's no option to install on any. I have the Pro Tools installation package on two of my hard drives to see if that would make a difference as well as attempting to install from the Manager itself, but I'm getting the same issue. I should also note that attempting to install from the manager gives me this error (along the lines) "Could not locate PT/Setup" and that particular install was in my primary's program x86 folder.

There must be a way to install this software on a hard drive other than the primary because it is impossible for me, and I would unfortunately have to invest into a different daw (I'm pressed for time).

Thank you for any information you can provide me.