View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: WAVES Protools7 update and Waves tech support

Quote:
cmon - paying over and over again for updates in addition to an absurdly overpriced, mediocre product? i bought the platinum bundle and can honestly say that it is NO BETTER (with the exception of cpu usage, which for many, if not most, is not the be-all and end-all) than many plugs that cost a 1/10th, or 1/20th, or less, of the waves crap. it is an absolute farce, a rip-off of epic proportions and without a doubt the biggest waste of money in almost 30 years of doing this for a living,
Keping my WUP current certainly has been worthwhile for me. I am a Diamond Bundle/IR-1/QClone/APA owner, and was well pleased with the giveaway of the L3 a while back (for Diamond Bundle owners), and the recent Tune plug that came my way as a result of the update plan.

And come on. Overpriced? The Gold Bundle is 900.00 bux, and you get 20 usable plugins.
That's 50 bux a plug.
Waves plugs are industry standards for good reason. They sound great, and have aided the production of hit record after hit record.
These are simple facts, and the truth is the truth no matter what a few disgruntled whiners say.