View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Promo for perpetual license holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Humm, am I missing something ? I don't understand all the confusion,, or ringing of hands and gnashing of teeth,,,,, seems pretty clear to me (at least I think I get it ) .

With this promo You get $100 off of the price to switch to an annual subscription for 1 year, then would be paying normal subscription price after that (and I simply assume if in that year you do not also renew your perpetual support/upgrade plan, you would loose the ability to renew the perpetual support/upgrade plan, and would then be only on a subscription and the perpetual would be frozen with no way to opt back in for annual upgrade/support .

And I agree for me (having a current perpetual upgrade/ support plan and it being the same price to renew as the regular annual subscription price ) it makes no sense ,,, given I also don't care about the additional Inner Circle offerings .

Given the price is same for either the annual perpetual upgrade/ support plan, or the annual subscription. The only possible business advantage or incentive for Avid to try switch perpetual holders to subscription, is .. That annual perpetual holders can opt out of renewal and simply continue use the perpetual license frozen at the level at time of opt out , where subscribers cannot they must renew to use PT
The thing is, there is no renew support plan available if you let it lapse. IOW I let my support plan lapse in 2020 and now on my products page it simply offers subscription plans and no renewal/support for perpetual. The latest info I had was that you have to find a reseller who still has renewal plans available as Avid is no longer creating new ones for lapsed perpetual owners. Not that I can find.
Attached Images
File Type: png pt renew.PNG (18.2 KB, 0 views)