View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools wont launch.. Buffer size problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Since you are on Windows, my earlier comment still matters. If Windows is using your interface as its "default playback device", that is likely the reason for your issue

Thanks for posting.

I have tried this solution in the past as well for another issue that this was supposed to solve and it does not work on my system. In fact, just to be double sure. I made sure my Fireface 802 was not used by Windows.

I opened Pro Tools. Se the Sample size to 192. Pro Tools complained that it could not access my audio device because it is being used by another program.

It did not say anything about 192 not being supported. Did not give me an option to change it to something else. Just to Try Again or OK.

Then a message came up that the hardware device was set to an unsupported sample size. I clicked OK. And Pro Tools crashed.

Tried this a couple of times.

So after this, each time. The only way to fix it is to open another DAW and reset the sample size.

Trying to open Pro Tools even with n does not work. Disabling the Fireface 802 in Windows does nothing.

I get the same results if the interface is used by Windows or if it isn't.

I have also trashed my preferences recently. In fact I have had to do that several times in the last week or so.

Anyway, have other things to do than go around in circles on this. But the information is here if anyone can use it.

Windows 10 64 PC Intel Core i7 9700 3ghz 64 GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX 2080 8 GB VRAM
Eleven Rack - connected to USB
RME Fireface 802 (connected to fire wire)