View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Blue Cat Patchwork & Cthulhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexiz View Post
Well, likewise, I was trying to find workarounds for making the Kirnu Cream arpeggiator run in PT. Had no luck. One option I haven't explored yet, though, is trying to run it via VEPro. Not sure whether Vienna would be helpful in this matter or not. All arpeggiator plugins of the kind appear to be similar in that they require the ability to output MIDI data (sending it as input for another track) of the DAW. Cubase, for example, has this ability, so it works fine there. Pro Tools plugin architecture doesn't seem to support this, as it was indicated by Avid's representative in this forum earlier this year:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=337622

So I don't think BC Patchwork would be able to help here. And I really wish this feature would be implemented in PT. (For now, alas, it is still Cubase for MIDI work, and PT for everything else, in my case... [sigh]).

Thanks for that link...I don't recall seeing that particular thread. Cthulhu is actually mentioned in there. So, I guess the issue isn't with Patchwork but with PT itself. Although, according to the manual, you can send MIDI data from an instrument track to another one using the MIDI in/out switches on the instrument track. But, I think that just means whatever MIDI data exists on the track itself and not generated MIDI data coming out of a VI instantiated on that track. That seems to be the upshot of the thread you mentioned. That's too bad. I agree with all those who said this is a feature that would be very nice to add! There's any number of VI's that generate their own MIDI data. Be nice if we could route that to whatever we wished.