View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 12:08 PM

Default Re: How many people have wiped their computer and done a completely clean is installl

I’ve played that game several times, I’ve taken half my plug-ins out checked out things put some back… It’s a very long process… And honestly I use many of these plug-ins

If there was some weirdo small plugin thing
then I would say sure that’s the culprit but even reinstalling plug-ins it was random which one was the problem

I thought I caught one , took it out and then another one would happen and I put the first one back in that cause problems and then it was good
so it was a back-and-forth thing… Honestly all these plug-ins work in able 10 I don’t have other DAW‘s but I’m assuming they probably work pretty good in those as well…

I have a lot of plug-ins but not really in the scheme of things.. waves isotope some softube… If there was really a hair on fire problem those companies would’ve addressed it

Protools is just not a stable platform all the time for me.. it works... it’s an industry standard ...I really like it ....
but the beach balls coming at random times when there’s barely any plug-ins and then CPU meter pinned red flashing when maybe one or two things happen and it’s not always the same plug-ins I just throw my hands up

I get stuff done.. but by the end of the day Im 30 mins of restarts.. and having to slow way down with each move... adds up...
yes I commit..but 12core mac w 64 gigs of ram.. do I have to commit THAT much?... apparently with Pt!!! all for a mere 200 $ a year

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]