View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 05:19 AM

Default Re: 2022.9- Moving Clip FX window back to top

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
You know, the more I think about it, I don’t think one single docking window isn’t necessarily the best way forward here. An tabbed instance of C1 is going to look very silly next to the Melodyne tab. I think we need all of these things in their own windows - basically just make Melodyne and Clip FX appear like any other plugin. Of course you could keep it in the docked tab as now, but the simple ability to drag each tab out and put it where you want it much better.

A super-slick alternative would be to then offer dragging one window onto the header of another, and then those two go to tabs in their own window, so you could group by approximate size.

Nah. Most people here are probably just caught off guard by a bunch of features that are new to them. Clip FX and the idea of something being docked in the edit window has been part of Pro Tools HD/Ultimate since 2014(?). A lot of users are very use to it, and it works fantastically. Option + 6 toggles it in and out of view, and it is really quick to use. Stick it in the same spot, learn to use it and the bio-mechanics take over.

Being able to dock a variety of audiosuite plugins in a single dock panel will be hugely beneficial to the those users who use audiosuite stuff the most. Dialogue editors for example. How many knobs and buttons are on RX plugins again? They are mostly empty space. Having them docked and shown/hidden by a keyboard shortcut is a million times better than the current implementation.

Honestly, I would rather f$&k melodyne off from the dock entirely. Hide it in a menu somewhere with a keyboard shortcut, and let users who want to use it buy a third monitor to host it. It is just a different level of fiddly to use. It RX made its way to ARA2, I would much prefer to be spectral editing on an additional monitor than working in any kind of dock.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.

Last edited by LDS; 10-02-2022 at 05:31 AM.