View Single Post
Old 04-23-2001, 11:26 PM

Default Seeking input on setting up the Digi 001w/LE5.1 for Broadcast Production

Just hooked up everything and installed it on my G4/733...Everything seems to be
working...I'm facing volumes of info to read through as well as the demos (which I will) But, I'm an old analog man (30+ years) and the closest I've come to digital is the Orban (It seemed to "disguise" itself to me as a tape deck!). My standard board in my work for the past 20-years has been the Pacific Recorder. Since my primary aim is basic broadcast production on this new system a.s.a.p., anyone out there in my field who could suggest how I could cut to the chase by engaging a clean session, converting the ProTools virtual fader terminology to Pacific Recorder "speak" in my head (My 9-year old knew intuitively how to start up one of the music demo sessions! <<<blush>>> Lord, I never thought I'd miss the engineers at ABC!), learn how to engage the effects (Some actually only last for 15-days?!?! I need MONTHS!), import/export sound sources, burn c-d's and send MP3s...Is that asking for too much? C'mon, there's gotta' be a few dinosaurs out there like me who made it to the other side and can take a moment to pass along a few quick-start pointers. Any (polite) suggestions as to what I should do would be truly appreciated.

------------------
Allan Stagg