View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 09:21 PM

Default Re: PreSonus Monitor Station = Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Simpson View Post
Not sure what you're getting at there, but it does sound like the monitor station will do everything you need. You can connect outputs 1-2 and 3-4 to the inputs of it, then choose either of those pairs as the source for your main monitors and 4 separate headphone outputs. Basically, you can have a source selected and switch between three sets of monitors with that source. You can also have four sets of headphones monitoring either source.

The basic setup for Pro Tools would be that you could use outputs 1-2 as your main output (which is default), then setup a pre-fader send on your tracks to outputs 3-4 for a cue mix. With the press of a button you could choose to hear your main or cue mix on your main monitors or headphones.

For what it's worth, there is also a third set of inputs on the monitor station, but the third set is unbalanced RCA. That's not the end of the world as long as you have the proper cable and keep the length short.
Great reply, I just wanted to figure out a way that I could do everything the Presonus is doing without having to actually buy it.

Digi 002 rack has plenty of outputs and it's a shame there's only one set of dedicated monitor outputs with a volume knob.

It's seems like I can create buses and setup some form of a cue mix, but it just is'nt working the way I want it too.

Can you tell me the proper way on setting up a cue mix,
thank you