View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 09:02 PM

Default Re: PreSonus Monitor Station = Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by J FRANK View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but 3-8 are mono outputs, so if I connect my headphone to say output three I'm only hearing one side of the headphone and not both..........
Not sure what you're getting at there, but it does sound like the monitor station will do everything you need. You can connect outputs 1-2 and 3-4 to the inputs of it, then choose either of those pairs as the source for your main monitors and 4 separate headphone outputs. Basically, you can have a source selected and switch between three sets of monitors with that source. You can also have four sets of headphones monitoring either source.

The basic setup for Pro Tools would be that you could use outputs 1-2 as your main output (which is default), then setup a pre-fader send on your tracks to outputs 3-4 for a cue mix. With the press of a button you could choose to hear your main or cue mix on your main monitors or headphones.

For what it's worth, there is also a third set of inputs on the monitor station, but the third set is unbalanced RCA. That's not the end of the world as long as you have the proper cable and keep the length short.