View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Pt version 6.1 hell on Mix 3 TDM system

Yup, I've read the posts. I've got round some of the NI problems by triggering them standalone via MIDI on a seperate computer. But that means I can only use one at a time. I'm aware that the NI stuff isn't totally compliant with OS X. Just wondered if it got any better or worse with Panther.
My kernel panics happen very inconsistently.But I will say that they often occur during a MIDI routing or screen redraw. That's processor related then right?
I don't really have many peripherals so to speak. Just an 888, a amt8 midi synchroniser and a USB hub. I have two internal 60GB drives and that's it! Could it be that the kernel panics have been generated by the NI stuff in conjunction with my hardware. I will do a test when I have a free day, by writing something entirely in Reason and then rewiring it and seeing if the system copes.

Have you had any problems bouncing long sessions on your system? Even if they just contain edited stereo files? Been reading about this from others on the forum. One person upgraded to OS 10.3.2 and 6.2.3 on his Mix Plus system and his problems went away. Just wondered if anyone else has had any luck, and if so, did any other problems appear as a result of upgrading? Here is my configuration:

PT Version 6.1/5.1.3
OS 10.2.8/9.2.2
G4 Quiksilver 867
640 RAM
Mix 3 System
1 x 888/24