View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 02:29 AM

Default Re: Guitar VSt's: regarding brand, Kontakt, protools,etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobalou View Post
I'm new to this side of things with Vsts and using protools. I'm interested in both acoustic and electric guitars that not only sounds the most realistic, but works in protools the easiest. my limited experience with kontakt player in protools hasn't gone well. the list below are some of the vsts that sound realistic to me (les pauls and acoustics) any thoughts on these and protools playability would be appreciated.. thank

Amplesound
Orange Tree
Music Lab
Native Instruments
Prominy
Personally for me Orange Tree are the ones that works best in pro tools on windows 10. The NI sounds good but can be very resource hungry when adding effects. Amplesounds have never worked well on my system.

Havent tried Prominy or Music Lab.

NI guitars sounds good but I find them limited in playability. You can't make your own strumming patterns and in melody mode there is a very limited set of articulations available. Also I don't understand why I can't turn off latch mode completely from the strumming engine? Why? This makes it pretty useless for me. I don't want strumming chords to keep on playing after I have released the keyboard.

I really like all the articulations I have available either by velocity or keyswitching in Orange Tree Samples. That makes in sound much more realistic. That said I don't find the dry samples to sound very good. Especially for the electric guitars I find the dry sounds poor.