View Single Post
Old 04-25-2004, 05:18 AM

Default Re: End of the line for our faithful Digi 001,

Quote:
just curious... digi doesn't make OS9 versions of PT so far as i know.... not anymore. and you're happy with your digi001.
so... what exactly creates a problem for you? you don't have to worry about getting new hardware thats supported by software updates because you won't be using any updates in OS9. i don't think they are completely ditching support, as in like technical support. just not testing the unit with future OSX versions of pro tools. which doesn't apply to you. correct me if i'm missing something.
As we've stated, we've made the jump to OSX Panther...we've simply at this point remined in OS9 for most of our PT work as we have a vast plugin array. Since there will be no future upgrades, this could also mean the end of plugin upgrades as well because of incompatibility issues with upgraded plugins and older versions of PTle.

While we are happy with the performance, being forced out of the upgrade loop is not going to make anyone happy. There's always room for improvement, otherwise there'd be no need for any Digi products to be upgraded.