View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Elastic Audio for Bass & Guitars - Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
Keep an ear open for the 'bass warbling'. I'd be surprised if you haven't heard it at some point. Look for a long note with many markers and you will likely hear the stretch marks with the push and pull of retiming the bass notes. Check this in solo for the bass, rather than ensemble with the drums. If you are unsure, delete all the EA markers and compare the sound. Then be sure to undo or you'll have to start again. Sometimes things are so messed up that it is actually best to start again! Anyhow, once you hear it you will hate it. The bass warbles from EA Pro Tools are as ugly as hearing a click for an amateur edit in a major label release.

Stephen
Thanks Stephen, I did actually hear bass warbling here and there while editing, but in those instances I just deleted the extra markers and it went away. Even when quantizing, I’ve been going back to manually push and pull notes as needed, making sure everything sounds ok along the way.

I was just wondering about anything more subtle to be looking out for, but it sounds like any EA weirdness would be obvious to the ear.

Cheers!