View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools R.I.P.

I am one of many that is not going to use PT in the future unless I am interfacing with another PT based studio that needs to receive my work. For me, I couldn't care any less about new features, the numeral uno top gun important feature for me is STABILITY. and thats what I DON'T have using PT on a 3rd party interface. I am ok with expense but again, if I am going to buy a subscription and/or upgrades, it better work with my hardware. This software made my decision very easy. It will not work, so I will not purchase.

Kind of hillarious to note that about 4 months ago, I purchased Presonus Studio 1 pro. Does everything straight out of the box! The software has absolutely no issues changing sample rates / bit depth / buffers. I mean, thats the way it SHOULD work.. recently, I have been exporting PT projects into Presonus. PT just cant cope with life as we know it. I have to launch it 2 to 3 times to package some wave files for good export.. Once I jump thru those PT hurdles, Presonus grabs the tracks and runs perfectly smooth without any errors. -- Right now, my software decision can be made FASTER than my protools audio latency! takes me about 3 ms to decide what to do about PT.
[/B]GigaByte X58A-UD3R, i7 950 @ 3.07GHz | 24GB | 4 - 1TB WD drives | NVIDIA GTX 670MX; Win 7. | PreSonus SL24.4.2 on firewire400 and RME audio PCIe to MULTIFACE audio interface to PC. | Studio One Pro 2.6.3 | Melodyne Editor 2.1.2 | IvoryII | IK-Multimedia Sampletank 3 | Roland Fantom X | AKAI Z4 | Roland RD600 | Gibson L4ces guitar | Loduca-Warmoth custom guitar | Warwick thumb bass | VOX tonelab SE & LE
Mesa Engineering 45 amp.[/B]