View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Looper in the Effects Loop (setup) questions. Patch Changing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieDyedDevil View Post
Sorry. Actually that *will* work.

This is a little different than what you'd described in your other post. If you were using *just* the Eleven Rack, I'd stand by my advice to use its main outs. XLRs are electrically quieter and physically more robust than 1/4" connectors.

But using the Eleven Rack in the middle of a chain of stompboxes... that's different. Use the ER's guitar input and its amp output. Those are a perfect match to stompboxes.

The only remaining issue has to do with where you're going from the Boomerang's output. You have several alternatives:

1) The `Rang can drive your K12 through a 1/4" cable; no problem with impedance or levels. If you need to go to a stage box for the house, use the K12's through output.

2) If you want to straight to a stage box (as you might in the even that the venue provides a monitor that you're willing to use), use your DI between the `Rang and the stage box.

3) You could also use your DI between the `Rang and the K12, but it doesn't really buy you anything.
Oh ok... But as a person who OBSESSIVE over sound, who buys a $530 telonics volume pedal because I notice a tone loss with other pedals, who notices differences in patch cables, and the smallest things no one cares about, if the XLR is that much quieter and robust than going amp out to pedals then I guess I have to run it this way... :)
Violin, Viola, Mandolin, Guitar, Bass, Cittern, Bouzouki, & Keys. Diamond, Strymon, Neunaber Technology, Lovepedal, Paul C., Boomerang, Sonic Research, Boss, DTS, Radial, EHX, TC Electronic, Xotic, Tech 21, and Damage Control Pedals.
Eleven Rack