View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 01:03 AM

Default Re: Sennheiser Ambeo self noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
You can decode 5.1 from DMS using the software that Schoeps provides free. The caveat is the software is not AAX, but you can run it in the Blue Cat wrapper in Pro Tools and it works perfectly.

I find the 5.1 you get is really convincing and lifelike and the bonus is it has a very strong centre image because one of the mics is pointing straight forward unlike Ambisonics.
That's perfect, exactly what I was hoping you'd say about centre image! Didn't realise double MS could decode to 5.1, that's great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
You could do double MS with what you have using the MKH60 and 30 pointing forwards and the the MKH 40 backwards, just make sure the capsules are coincident. It would make a pretty bulky rig but it would work.
Ah, that's such a good idea. I'd never thought of going double MS with what I have, it would certainly be less bulky than what I'm doing right now!

Thanks so much Martin, I've ordered some extra back to back clips so we'll see if I can fit it all in my Rycote.

If anyone reading this has done a double MS with Sennheiser MKH 60 / 30 / 40, I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know if there are any pitfalls I should avoid or good tips you have to make it work.

michaelfbates.com

imdb.com/name/nm4876413