View Single Post
Old 12-09-2022, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Problem with M-Audio Fast Track Pro driver

It is a dead interface, it has not been supported for years. It's shuffled off its mortal coil. It's freakin snuffed it. And how badly it's nailed to it's perch is described here...

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ck-Pro-Drivers

The real question is how far can you throw that awful M-Audio box. Please post a video online of your throw.

There are many manufacturers of nice audio interface, with a very wide range of features/capabilities and price. Focusrite as Dave mentioned is a frequent default recommendation on DUC, especially the 2i2 as a beginner interface.

There are really nice products available from (in no particular order) UAD, Motu, Apogee, Focusrite, RME, Presonus, and others (but some I did not mention I'd avoid.. especially because of poor driver quality, poor customer support, or poor long term product engineering/driver support). And you are seeing here the result of poor long-term support from Avid/M-Audio for consumer products.

Personally I prefer RME, for their tremendous driver quality and long term support, but you pay significantly more for that.

Have a look around online resellers like Thomann or Sweetwater at the wide range of interfaces that are available, if you have questions or can list the features you are after and your budget folks here can help with suggestions for specific products.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 12-09-2022 at 06:00 PM.