View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 01:43 PM

Default Re: D-Command faders not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab780 View Post
Unfortunately, none of the fader tests in the Utility menu do anything. The faders on the main unit all appear to be dead. Those on the 16 Channel expansion module continue to work fine.

The lights for automation, alongside each fader on the main unit still work perfectly, but obviously, I can write automation with the physical faders.

As I mentioned, I have tried swapping out the Fader motor PSU, but that had no effect either.

I am beginning to think that it may be a firmware problem because when I access the Utilities menu, I can see the Console is showing up as v10, but there is no version showing for the Motor functions. I am sure this used to show up as v10 also.

Does anyone know how I can restore these values, so that the Motor control can be restored to V10 too.

Hi,

There is no way to simply revert the firmware seperately. its not showing FW because its not able to read the motor or controller board for the motor.

If you're sure the PSU is ok then it sounds like a board fault or cable. You'll need to get a tech to look at it.

Before though! you have definatley cleaned and re-seated the cables and connections?

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.