View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Subscription + High Sierra MacOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Pro Tools ran on High Sierra until 2022.7. It was installable. And it worked fine at 2022.7 (if you have a Metal card.)
After that, it won't even install/run. Avid changed to a different compiler or something but it links a library not in High Sierra so it is a complete "no go" situation.

I have no idea if the subscription allows you to run/install older versions. Current Pro Tools will not even install/run on High Sierra.
Good to know about a real life use case running 2022.7 on High Sierra. Since I never used High Sierra, I didn't want to recommend anything that wasn't on the compatibility chart, even though many versions do work after the listed compatibility. I'm pretty sure the current Pro Tools Studio and Pro Tools Ultimate licenses (both perpetual and subscription) will authorize back to 12.6, but I'm also pretty sure the new tiers (Artist & Intro) won't authorize any versions earlier than when the tiers were introduced (2022.4). I'd be curious if Pro Tools Artist 2022.7 would run on High Sierra; I'm guessing that it would, given your experience.