View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Digi... are these problems on the PC side too???

I have two G5 Dual 2 Gig machines running P Tools 7.1cs (whatever the last one was) and have not had a crash in over a year. I stayed awy from 7.2 becuase it wasn't really music centric and I bought 7.3 but won't be installing it until I have time to take a chance on it. I do get the graphic freeze thing fairly frequently and, although it is annoying, it hasn't done any damage and I've learned to live with it. I produce and record full on records with live drum tracking, lotsa instruments, vocals and VI's. Plus, we mix in the box. These records do come out on real record labels, both Indie and Major, so there is no compromise workloadwise as far as heavy usage of the gear and there can be no questions about whether or not the systems will function dependably to meet the scary deadlines. I only mention this to underscore the point that there are Mac systems out there that are rock solid and productive.

It seems to me that the problems that people experience with Pro Tools, either on Mac or PC, are system specific. I feel your pain. I've definitely had my share of machine madness but the last year and a half has been madness free, machine wise at least.