View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Digi... are these problems on the PC side too?

Our studio has been having nothing but problems with OSX on a G5 with 3 gigs of ram. Im pretty fed up with it myself. Our systems crash constantly. Were reloading the os on two computers this week. Weird unexplained issues. We spend more time fixing issues then recording sometimes. Not the kind of performance you expect from a 3000 + computer and a 20k protools rig. OSX latley has been reminding me of the windows 98 days as far as stability. I just never know when it going to completly freeze up on me or quit protools. I apple S so much my hand cramps. LOL

Im actually going to build a Vista PC soon and see how the new protools runs on it when it comes out. So far this OS is very stable on my home computer and im optimistic its going to be a stable platform for protools. I have yet to have one single problem with it at home. Been using it a week and not one crash. But the real test will be loading up a bunch of tracks on it with plugins. Honestly I think it will handle it fine. Im going to slap together a nice strong pentium system with a ton of ram and see what happens.