View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 04:57 AM

Default Re: PT12 session On Mac or Pc and back

Wow, that was quick and thanks for the information so far, I've taken a quick look at Mac Drive and Paragon both very reasonable software and that is just fine, I need a little more information to help me understand what is going on.

So, yesterday, we formatted the extrenal drive to exfat, no files added yet and I can see that in my windows system just fine... then He copied his PT session files to the drive and now, I can not see that drive anymore... nor, the files on it.

My guess is that MacDrive or Paragon just allows the PC computer to read the Session files and work with them? Once he finishes working on the files in my PC he would then just copy, export what ever ProTools calls it the session back to the drive and take it home and fire it up on his Mac and the session would run? (I'm trying to make it simple).

Out of the two programs, is there an advantage on either One, MacDrive looks pretty simple and the most cost effective, but I want to choose the one that is the most transparent as most of my session are PC based and this is my first entry in to dealing with MAC and PT sessions. In the past folks would send us .wav files we would work with them and send .wav files back, we didn't have to deal with sessions when using software like Cubase., I understand now how important while working in PT transporting the session back and forth will be.... for ease of use.

I am thinking that the utility is not a conversion product, it just allows windows to see the Mac hard drive and that there is no performance hit to the session is that correct?

I plan to read the information on both MacDrive and Paragon today and share it with the other person with the Mac, hopefully it will be an easy fix to allow him to bring over his drive plug it in and get to work, save that work and take it home and open it up on his Mac and do it all seamlessly.

Thank you again for your replies and suggestions and hopefully this will take care of my issues and let us get his sessions up and running with the least amount of hassle.
Dave