View Single Post
Old 07-21-2004, 08:15 PM

Default Having trouble using multiple playlists/regions

Hi All,

One of the coolest things I thought about ProTools when I saw that crazy Digi001 video was the ability to do multiple takes in Loop Record mode, split up the region and comp away to your heart's content using all the takes. Now that I've (finally) got PT running, I'm having trouble doing exactly that.

The actual loop recording is happening without a hitch - I get all the takes in my region bin. The problem is when I split up the region, I can't access the "other" takes behind it. In the first region I can (sometimes) see the other takes, but when I load them the whole performance - and not just the chunk up until the region slice point - gets loaded and generally makes a big mess.

All the takes go in the Regions bin, but they don't show up under the playlists menu on the track.

Am I using the wrong tool or not holding down the right modifier key? Am I missing a particular setting? I'm sure it is something totally simple I'm forgetting but so far the PT manual hasn't shed any light.

Thanks, Ben.

G5/2GHz :: PBG4/1.33GHz :: Mbox